A simple, soft yellow (vanilla) cake for those who prefer oil to butter for baking.
Basic Yellow Cake (Without Butter)A simple, soft yellow (vanilla) cake for those who prefer oil to butter for baking.Molsi Annie Varghese
1 1/4 Cups
1 1/8 Teaspoons
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease the edges and the bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat sugar and eggs together until slightly thickened (about 1 minute).
- Add flour, milk, oil, baking powder, and vanilla to the mixture and whisk till the batter is smooth and creamy. Don't overbeat.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until the tops are golden and a toothpick poked into the center of the layer comes out clean.
- Cool completely before covering with frosting (if desired).