A simple, soft yellow (vanilla) cake for those who prefer oil to butter for baking.Basic Yellow Cake (Without Butter)
A simple, soft yellow (vanilla) cake for those who prefer oil to butter for baking.
1 1/4 Cups
1 1/8 Teaspoons
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease the edges and the bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat sugar and eggs together until slightly thickened (about 1 minute).
- Add flour, milk, oil, baking powder, and vanilla to the mixture and whisk till the batter is smooth and creamy. Don't overbeat.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until the tops are golden and a toothpick poked into the center of the layer comes out clean.
- Cool completely before covering with frosting (if desired).